The Falls Prevention Service offers assessment to people over 65 in their own home if they have fallen or are fearful of falling . The service can help with a variety of areas, including;
- Providing equipment that might help prevent future falls
- Provision of exercise programmes to improve strength and balance where appropriate
- Promote independence and active living, as well as helping to make sure the individual’s environment is safer to live in
- Maximise bone health, recommend intervention to prevent fractures
- Exploring other concerns, such as dizziness which may be contributing factors to falls
- Raise awareness of falls prevention with multi-organisations, agencies, carers and the public
Hilldale, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2JW
t: 0300 247 0011
f: 01695 588 415
You can ring the service directly for advice.
The service is available between hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. The service does not operate on bank holidays or weekends.
Or you can download a referral form from above. We require as much detail as possible regarding the persons falls and any previous medical history is always helpful.