** Information for patients: Service delivery during COVID-19 pandemic **
This includes the following services that we provide on behalf of the CCG, as follows:
ADULT COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES
• Staff are carrying out initial screening before patients come to any appointments to ensure they have no Covd-19 symptoms. This applies to home visits as well.
• Community services will be working closely with primary and social care to ensure services are wrapped around those patients being discharged from hospital
• All non-essential podiatry appointments have been cancelled until further notice, with the exception of high risk and dressing clinics. All new referrals will be triaged and seen if urgent. Non-urgent referrals will be moved to an assessment waiting list until further notice.
• Please contact our Single Point of Access with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org 0300 247 0011
URGENT TREAMENT CENTRE/WALK-IN CENTRE
• The Urgent Treatment Centre in Ormskirk and Walk-in Centre in Skelmersdale will be moving to booked appointments only as of Saturday 28 March 2020. Patients should not attend either centre in person without phoning 01695 402180 first. Some patients will be treated over the phone and some will be given an appointment at one of the centres.
• This change is to protect our patients and staff. Many other areas are approaching this in a similar way during this time.
Virgin Care provides adult community services in West Lancashire. We provide a wide range of services including community nursing and occupational therapy among others.
A wide variety of NHS services sit within the term ‘community services’. In very simple terms it means all the services that aren’t delivered in a large hospital (secondary care) or classed as primary care (like GP practices and urgent care centres).
The aim of our community services and teams is to work together with other organisations to provide you with the care you need close to, or in your home as a seamless experience, regardless of who in the NHS is actually looking after you.