Community Neurological Rehabilitation
The Community Neurological Rehabilitation Team aims to help people regain skills and promote their functional independence following an acute stroke or brain injury and for acute management of long-term neurological conditions.
2nd Floor, Bickerstaffe House, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk L39 2AZ
t: 0300 247 0011
Our service, which consists of a speech and language therapist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and therapy assistant, provides specialist neurological rehabilitation skills to people in their own homes and community setting.
We will visit you at home to assess your needs. Together, we will identify your own goals and create a treatment plan for us to facilitate your recovery. This will include advice on self-management and therapy-directed treatment.
This service is for adults who:
- Have a new diagnosis of stroke, brain injury or require acute neurological-specialist multi-disciplinary management of a long-term neurological condition
- Are aged 18 years and over
- Are registered with a GP in the West Lancashire area
- Have identified realistic rehabilitation goals
- Can have their needs supported safely in their place of discharge