The Community Rehabilitation team consists of highly qualified and experienced Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. We visit people who are unable to access outpatient services and require therapy at home. This includes nursing and residential homes.
2nd Floor, Bickerstaffe House, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2AZ
t: 0300 247 0011
Treatment – Physiotherapists
Physiotherapists deal with a wide range of problems and disorders of movement, muscle weakness, posture and breathing etc. Exercise is the main form of treatment.
Treatment – Occupational Therapists
Occupational Therapists take a whole-person approach to both mental and physical health and wellbeing, enabling individuals to achieve their full potential.
Following assessment, depending upon your needs, your therapist may offer you one or more of the following treatments:
- Education and advice on how to self-manage your condition
- Falls prevention advice
- Posture education and advice
- Provision of suitable equipment
- Offering appropriate mobility aids
- An individualised home exercise programme
- Provide adaptations
- Chest therapy
- Advice on pain management
- Provision of information regarding services that may be of help to you