The Falls Prevention Service offers assessment to people over 65 in their own home if they have fallen or are fearful of falling.
2nd Floor, Bickerstaffe House, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2AZ
t: 0300 247 0011
The service is available between hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. The service does not operate on bank holidays or weekends.
The service can help with a variety of areas, including;
- Providing equipment that might help prevent future falls
- Provision of exercise programmes to improve strength and balance where appropriate
- Promote independence and active living, as well as helping to make sure the individual’s environment is safer to live in
- Maximise bone health, recommend intervention to prevent fractures
- Exploring other concerns, such as dizziness which may be contributing factors to falls
- Raise awareness of falls prevention with multi-organisations, agencies, carers and the public
If you want to learn more about reducing your risk of a fall, take a look at the following: