Nutrition and Dietetics
Who we are & What we do:
Our team is made up of Registered Community Dietitians, Home enteral feeding dietitians, Specialist Diabetes Dietitians and a Dietetic Assistant Practitioner.
Dietitians are the only nutrition professionals to be regulated by law and governed by an ethical code, to ensure that they always work to the highest standard.
We can provide individualised advice on a number of nutritional health-related concerns, including nutrition support, weight management, diabetes and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for adults (aged 18 and over) registered with a West Lancashire GP.
Where to find us:
2nd Floor, Bickerstaffe House, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2AZ
t: 0300 247 0011
The service is available between hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. The service does not operate on bank holidays or weekends.
How to access the service
We can accept referrals from GPs, consultants, inpatient dietitians and other healthcare professionals. We triage our referrals to ensure those most in need are seen as soon as possible.
Where we can see you
We run clinics at health centres across West Lancashire including Ormskirk, Burscough, Tarleton and Skelmersdale.
If you are unable to attend the clinic due to your medical condition we can arrange to visit you at home.
If you are a GP or Health Care professional and you’d like to refer a patient into our service, please download the referral form and send the completed form to email@example.com
Related & Helpful Links
- Abbott Hospital2Home Service (for home enteral feeding) – Hospital2Home | Abbott Nutrition UK
- The British Dietetic Association (BDA) – www.bda.uk.com
- Health and Care Professions Council – www.hcpcheck.org
- Malnutrition Pathway – www.malnutritionpathway.co.uk
- Pan Mersey – Guidelines for Managing Malnutrition in Adults in the Community (panmerseyapc.nhs.uk)
- Diabetes UK – www.diabetes.org.uk
- Active West Lancs – Active West Lancs – helping you get active