West Lancashire Urgent Treatment Centre
PLEASE NOTE: The centre is currently only seeing patients with pre-booked appointments due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can make an appointment via your GP, NHS 111 or call us direct on 01695 402180.
West Lancashire Urgent Treatment Centre, Ormskirk District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2AZ
t: 0300 247 0011
8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
We can help with:
- Sore throats
- Ear problems
- Coughs and colds
- Chest infections
- Cystitis and urinary infections
- Skin rashes
- DVT (blood clot in the leg – certain exclusion criteria apply)
- Skin infections
- Simple fractures / sprains
- Insect and animal bites
- Minor burns & scalds
- Minor cuts and wounds
- Emergency contraception
The centre cannot provide routine GP services such as chronic disease management e.g. diabetes, blood pressure monitoring etc or routine referrals to consultant.
We do not offer telephone consultations.
We welcome children with minor ailments. However, patients under the age of 16 with minor injuries should attend children’s A&E at Ormskirk hospital in the same building.
Out of hours care
If you need urgent medical care when the centre is closed, you should telephone NHS 111
- Symptoms will be assessed over the telephone
- You will be given appropriate advice and treatment
- If you need to see a doctor you will be given an appointment at a local clinic and/or
- Home visits may be offered
NHS 111 operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s free from a landline and a mobile.